It allows developers to use capacitor-updater with auto-update mode link to Capgo channel or equivalent.
The only, thing you need to do before using Capgo auto-update is using https://semver.org/ for your app versioning.
This is the convention it used to manage versions. This convention should be used in 3 files in your project:
Setup your app in 5 mins
Setup your CI in 5 mins
Click on register to create your account if you don’t have one.
The server allows you to manage channels and versions and much more.
autoUpdate will use data from
capacitor.config to identify into the Capgo server
ℹ️ You can use Capgo Cloud without sending your code to our server. If that is not allowed by your company.
When auto-update is set up you have to send a signal from JS that your app is alive
This can be done by calling within your app
Do it as soon as possible.
- When the User opens the app, it calls the server to check for updates, if found it is downloaded in the background.
- When the user leaves the app, the new version is set as active
- When the user opens again, he sees the new app
notifyAppReady()is called, when the user leaves, the past version is deleted.
- If not called, when the user leaves, the version is reset to past one and marked as invalid.
- User continues normal flow until the next update process.
When you develop new features, be sure to block
autoUpdate, otherwise you will not see your work but the updates.
autoUpdate to false in your config.
If you are stuck on an update, you can delete the app and reinstall it.
Be sure to set
autoUpdate to false in your config before doing that.
And then build it again with Xcode or Android studio.
To upload the version at each commit setup CI/CD with this guide
Major Available event
disableAutoUpdateBreaking is true, you can listen to the event to know when the app refuses to do a major braking update.